I've found quite a few resources online that talk about group interviews, but for the most part they're aimed at retail & sale positions - which is where I have experienced group assessment before - and not at professional positions. This article is by far the best of all that I have read, and has given me some useful tips.
The first one being - Don't Panic. Ha! Easy for you to say. But OK, let's work through this.
I am currently in prep mode. Which, for me, involves frantically researching everything at once.
So I have:
- looked at all the programs the library service offers and thought up some additional ones to suggest
- investigated the demographics of the catchment area and made some notes regarding trends and target groups
- read some articles on management and teamwork and get "buzzword-ed" up
- investigate team/management scenarios and solutions
- figure out my key 3 skills
- read back over my application and figure out why the hell I thought I was suitable for this job
Wish me luck.
PS Interview outfit is sorted. Business-like dress, purple patent heels and new earrings I just bought for the occasion. At least I'll look the part!