Monday, June 7, 2010

Mondayitis

I have had an extraordinarily crappy day. Mondayitis doesn't even come close to describing how bad I have felt. I don't work on Mondays, but I usually have a pretty full day - I have appointments, run errands, see friends. Today I barely made it out of bed, and when I did, I climbed back in. I didn't even have the energy to watch TV, let alone read.

I had an ALIA teleconference this afternoon, which I had a) forgotten about (thanks Andrew for the reminder email) and b) had nothing really to contribute to. Luckily my team had lots of ideas to contribute to the brainstorming session. At yoga, I could barely summon up the energy to hold a pose for more than about three seconds. Normally I get energy from both of these things, but today I feel like it's all I can do just to hold the seams of myself together.

I weighed in - Monday's weigh day - at the chemist this evening and I've only lost half a kilo this week. Perhaps it would sound better if I said I'd lost a pound. At least that's a whole measure. I know that's still an acceptable amount to lose, but I really wanted to be losing around the kilo on this meal replacement diet, which I consider to be more hard-core than others I've previously been on. Plus, my doctor said she'd expect me to lose 12kg in 12 weeks - which is a kilo a week. But I have eaten more (good) fats and sometimes protein than they recommend - plus I have ignored the caffeine rule - so perhaps that's a factor. I don't know if I can go super hard core again though, it's not an easy diet. I wonder if by the end of June I won't have switched over to Weight Watchers, which is more flexible food wise and I'd likely be pulling similar numbers.

8 comments:

  1. right miss, you need a talking to. you've lost an average of 1.5kg a week. and seriously, you know that half to a kilo a week is healthy. and you know there are other reasons why you may lose less one week than another. stop beating yourself up or else! just think: you're doing something proactive, and that's a win.

    while i don't think you should be aiming for 12 in 12 (i really don't think that's a realistic or healthy expectation to place on yourself), you're actually still on track to do it.

    so take a step back, get some perspective, eat a piece of chocolate (just one!), and get cracking again tomorrow.

    (wish i could give myself a similar pep talk!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi!!! You've lost more than 1 kg a week. In two weeks you've lost 3kg. Methinks that's pretty bloody good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Just think I'd get similar results on WW and not be so bloody deprived. Plus I've had a crap day, so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing incredibly well - listen to what Kate (and me Kate) says. You are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think you are being way too hard on yourself. So far you have done really well and you need to remind yourself of that. Don't give up just yet. A weight watchers diet will be good once the big loss has been achieved so you can maintain it but for now stick to the drastic measures only to get the mass of it off. It's not easy but you have support and think of it as a goal which finishes in 10 weeks - just ten weeks out of your entire life. It's worth it!!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girlfriend, get yr hot ass out of bed. be fierce and dont let one bad day stop you from reaching your goal and being a smokin' skinnibeatch.

    [emerald channelling tyra banks]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can recommend WW online. Really helped keeping track of what you eat and understanding portion sizes. Made a big diff in maintaining long term success. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys. Emerald, I love your Tyra channeling you should do it all the time. Sophie, when I go on ww I will defo use the online tools.

    ReplyDelete